come peer inside
and you will see
down the corridor of my mind
hangs a portrait of a lady
who I believe to be me
- but is quite not
a likeness so real
so convincing
it leaves me wasted
when I grapple the disparity
between her and me
this lady - strong, sure, purposed
this lady - temptation of words
this lady - genteel, resilient
this lady, who is me but is quite not
tell me who is she?
for my breath come in stokes of pit fire
my words a killing sting
my stare is acrid acid
a me but not quite
then, who is she?
I is her or her is me
or me is her or she is me
or her is she or I is me
Wait,
let me smile
sweet courageous
- for you




10 comments:
if we couldn't be firespitting venovous dragons at times our gentility would be rather taken for granted and boring ..
beautiful site, btw..
Hello Prism, I love this poem and your photo is very nice too. I really like your new sight. Have a great day!
it was a pleasure coming here today and finding such lovely poetry...
lovely poem, does everyone in Manilla have such radiance?
Those words may confuse me but that smile for sure doesnot. It is your character & mirror, because it reaches your eyes.
That was a lovely poem…I read it twice.
Hi Prism,
At 1st time I visit your blog and see u.it is really fantastic.Your sence of feeling, outlook is really facinated me.I am Sanjib from India already got addicted to you.Really you are genious.
sanjibmukherjee@ymail.com
you have captured what we a lot of us feel so beautifully
these are my thoughts penned down by you so beautifully
it shows that you are beautiful!
Reminds me of Potrait of a Lady.
Also the eternal battle within
ourselves to co-exist, to merge
the many layers that often
define us. Written with a sure
and delicate touch.
Your blog is elegant.
sweet courageous,
you've left me speechless...
"my breath comes in stokes of pit fire. my words a cone of killing sting, my stare is acrid acid…"
poetic brilliance....
((hugs))
rebecca
Post a Comment